May 20, 2020events
Student Support Circle hosted by State Superintendent Tony Thurmond and California Department of Education
State Superintendent Tony Thurmond and the California Department of Education (CDE) are hosting our very first Student Support Circle where we will hear directly from students about the challenges they have experienced amidst the coronavirus pandemic. Students will share how they have overcome their challenges and the CDE will also provide mental health resources during the presentation.
We hope the Student Support Circle will provide a space for students to build community and know they are not alone in their educational journey.
Date: Thursday, May 21, 2020
Time: 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. PST
Where to watch: Zoom or Facebook Live (registration link below)
- Brenna Pangelinan, Student Representative, California State Board of Education
- Maya Howard, Student Representative, Instructional Quality Commission
- Student Representative, California Association of Student Councils
- Student Representative, Chicano Latino Youth Leadership Program
- Student Representative, Youth Liberty Squad, ACLU
Please register in advance via Zoom:
FOR AUDIO ONLY CONNECTION INFORMATION:
Dial by your location:
1-669-900-6833U.S. (San Jose)
1-408-638-0968U.S. (San Jose)
1-646-876-9923U.S. (New York)
Meeting ID: 984 2824 9712
To save time before the meeting, check your system to make sure it is ready to use Zoom.
- Visit the test link at https://zoom.us/test.
- If you experience issues, visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us for assistance.
The webinar will also be broadcast via Facebook Live on the CDE Facebook’s web page at https://www.facebook.com/CAEducation.
Foster Care Awareness Month Guest Blog by Elyse Imamura
AAPI, Mental Health Awareness, and Foster Care Month Blog by Catalyst Center Staff Member Selena Liu Raphael
Breaking the Silence: Addressing California’s Mental Health Crisis - Guest Post By Assemblymember Dr. Corey Jackson
National Child Abuse Prevention Month Guest Blog by Senator Ashby
Get the latest updates
Enter your email to sign up for updates from The Catalyst Center.